Company: Amazing Place
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: August 16, 2018
ABOUT AMAZING PLACE
The mission of Amazing Place is to provide fellowship, memory care and wellness for adults with mild to moderate memory loss and support to their families and the community.
The Advancement Director will be instrumental in advancing the mission and vision of Amazing Place, a faith based organization governed by a board of representatives from 16 churches and 5 at-large members. This position is responsible for heightening awareness of Amazing Place’s service to those affected by dementia by expanding the visibility of AP in the greater Houston area, especially as the organization undertakes local growth initiatives. Being actively engaged in working to establish and cultivate long-term relationships and strengthen existing relationships in key constituent groups and communities is essential to meet the immediate and long-term goals of the organization.
The primary responsibility of the Advancement Director is to be a servant leader, guiding and managing the critical components of the organization’s advancement efforts including fundraising, donor data management, volunteers, marketing, PR and community outreach. Inspiring and leading a dynamic and growing Advancement Team who will enhance both revenue streams: participant revenue through essential marketing, PR and community outreach and contributions through solicitation of individual, corporate, church and foundation donors and the continued development of a committed volunteer corps. The Advancement Director follows the mission, goals and objectives of Amazing Place, as set forth by the Board of Directors.
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Department/Team:||Head of Advancement Team, Member of Executive Team and Leadership Team|
|Status:||Full-time, Exempt Position|
|Direct Reports:||Development Director, Director of Volunteers Services, Marketing Director, Community/Church Liaison|
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Development and Fundraising
- Works with development team to determine annual development plan including fundraising revenue goals, expense calculations and specific development campaigns.
- Ensures timely and accurate donor data management and recognition of donors.
- Works with ED and development team to identify and cultivate potential donors and chairs for all events and projects.
- Serves on the Board’s Development Cultivation Committee, and ensures implementation of its goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance and support to the development team and all of their initiatives.
- Works with the Director of Volunteer Services to support the critical efforts of the growing volunteer corps at Amazing Place.
- Strategizes on new processes/ideas to assist with new facility volunteer development.
- Works with the Marketing Director to help determine annual marketing plans and budgets, according to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Participates in and provides suggestions at editorial meetings for printed and e-newsletters.
- Works with the Church & Community Liaison on the outreach efforts of the organization.
- Represents Amazing Place at public and private functions.
Serve as Table Host at Participant Lunch one day per week and as manager on duty from 4-6 pm on that same day.
Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALITATIVE DIMENSIONS OF POSITION:
- Must have the ability to accommodate others’ needs and demonstrate flexibility.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and remain composed even when under high stress.
- Must have the ability to maintain a positive and optimistic outlook.
- Must be team-oriented and flexible.
- Exhibit confidence in self and others.
- Inspire and motivate others to perform well.
- Effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
- Inspire respect and trust.
- Accept feedback from others.
- Provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Give appropriate recognition to others.
- Have the ability to coach others.
- Display passion and optimism.
- Mobilize others to fulfil the vision.
- Must be team-oriented and flexible to act as a leader or follower.
- Must be persuasive and confident in oral and written communication.
- Must be comfortable making presentations on behalf of AP in the community.
- Have the ability to listen, empathize and strategize with Team Members, Participants, Caregivers and Volunteers.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Develop alternative solutions.
- Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Have a demonstrated ability to accept accountability for decisions and actions.
- Have the ability to consider safety and the consequences of actions.
- Display willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Support and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Make timely decisions.
- Be accessible and available to direct reports and other staff.
- Provide regular performance feedback.
- Foster quality focus in others.
- Improve processes, products and services.
- Continually work to improve supervisory skills.
- Focus on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Listen to others without interrupting.
- Keep emotions under control.
- Remain open to others’ ideas and try new things.
- Have the ability to maintain a positive and optimistic outlook.
- Delegate work assignments.
- Match the responsibility to the person.
- Give authority to work independently.
- Set expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Provide recognition for results.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses.
- Pursue training and development opportunities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Share expertise with others.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of management experience in the field of advancement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Maintains current CPR, AED and initial EssentALZ Certifications (provided by AP).
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Possesses solid organizational skills as well as intermediate to advanced computer/technology proficiency. Understands the concept of being a team player in a work environment where employees consistently come together for the greater good. Recognizes that the unpredictable nature of working with dementia patients could occasionally involve contributing more than your share of the workload to achieve a departmental or participant outcome. Maintains a cheerful communication style, demonstrating the necessary patience to work well with persons who have mild to moderate dementia.
The Advancement Director shall carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Organization’s policies and applicable laws. He/she shall directly supervise four employees. His/her Supervisory Responsibilities shall include recruiting, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing their work; appraising performance; rewarding, and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problem. In addition, he/she shall assist in the Employee discipline process, coaching and performance management process.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete an online application for this position, please click here.