Capital Campaign Manager
Company: The Rothko Chapel
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: August 1, 2018
About Rothko Chapel
The Rothko Chapel is a sacred space open to all, every day, to inspire people to action through art and contemplation, to nurture reverence for the highest aspirations of humanity and to provide a forum for global concerns.
The Capital Campaign Manager provides administrative and logistical support for the ongoing and special advancement efforts at the Rothko Chapel. The Capital Campaign Manager reports directly to the Director of Advancement, to support the implementation of Opening Spaces campaign fundraising plans. The Capital Campaign Manager position is eligible for benefits at 30 hours per week or more.
- Provide support and staffing for the Campaign Steering Committee including the preparation of campaign agendas and materials with direction of fundraising consultants as well as the follow-up documents such as meeting notes or action items.
- Support the Director of Advancement and the Executive Director of the Chapel regarding the development of meeting agendas, scheduling appointments and meetings and related campaign proposals and correspondence.
- Manage the prospect list and campaign records including the utilization of the Rothko Chapel database of donors and gifts.
- Support research needs on potential individual, foundation and corporate donors including the identification of asking levels where needed in conjunction with campaign fundraising consultants.
- In collaboration with fundraising consultants, prepare monthly reports for communication with the Campaign leadership and for reconciliation with the Finance team.
- Manage other campaign-related activities, including;
- Prepare solicitation packets for volunteers and staff;
- Assist in processing gifts and pledges into the database;
- Assist with the execution of cultivation and stewardship activities; and
- Prepare campaign proposals, grant applications, correspondence and other written materials including editing/proofing support.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for campaign-related activities.
- Attend all staff meetings and chapel activities.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years of work experience in a dynamic, professional office environment.
- Campaign experience preferred.
- A personal interest in the nonprofit environment of mission-driven institutions.
- A commitment to the mission and core values of Rothko Chapel.
- Customer-service orientation and consistently applied excellence as a standard internally and externally.
- Demonstrated competency in working with database software.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-directed approach to work with the ability to be effective with limited supervision.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- High level of professionalism working with variety of stakeholders.
- A commitment to the Donor Bill of Rights.
Please send letter of interest, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone call inquiries, please. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
The Rothko Chapel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.