Capital Campaign Manager
Company: The Rothko Chapel
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: August 1, 2018
About Rothko Chapel
The Rothko Chapel is a sacred space open to all, every day, to inspire people to action through art and contemplation, to nurture reverence for the highest aspirations of humanity and to provide a forum for global concerns.
The Capital Campaign Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the Opening Spaces campaign for the Rothko Chapel. This position helps keep the campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of momentum towards achieving the campaign goal. The Capital Campaign Manager reports directly to the Director of Advancement. The Capital Campaign Manager position is eligible for benefits at 30 hours per week or more.
- Support major donor work including arranging meetings with donors, preparing meeting materials, follow-up from donor meetings and assisting with stewardship and cultivation activities.
- Manage the prospect list and assist prospect identification and research on individual, foundation and corporate donors including the identification of asking levels where needed in conjunction with campaign fundraising consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of campaign proposals, grant applications, other correspondence and written materials including editing/proofing support.
- Provide support and staffing for the Campaign Steering Committee including the preparation of campaign agendas and materials in consultation with fundraising consultants, taking meeting minutes and following-up on action items.
- Support the development of campaign promotional materials, prepare solicitation packets for volunteers and staff, and help with execution of public relations/communications plan for the campaign.
- Manage campaign records including the utilization of the donor database, processing gifts and pledges, gift acknowledgement and tracking.
- In collaboration with fundraising consultants, prepare monthly reports for communication with the Campaign leadership and for reconciliation with the Finance team.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years professional fundraising experience required. Experience with capital campaigns and major gifts preferred.
- A personal interest in the nonprofit environment of mission-driven institutions and a commitment to the mission and core values of Rothko Chapel.
- Customer-service orientation and consistently applied excellence as a standard internally and externally.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, donor database software, web applications, and an understanding of the role of technology in fundraising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-directed approach to work with the ability to take initiative and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- High level of professionalism working with variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts and general philanthropic principles and a commitment to the Donor Bill of Rights.
Please send letter of interest, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone call inquiries, please. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
The Rothko Chapel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.