Consulting Projects Manager
Posted: June 13, 2017
Dini Spheris is a leading national consultancy specializing in capital and endowment campaigns and major gift programs. More than fundraising consultants, we consider ourselves partners with our clients, in their missions and for their success. With over 48 years of experience, Dini Spheris has served thousands of nonprofits nationally, resulting in billions of dollars in philanthropic support. Dini Spheris brings to each client, every day, the brightest talents and experience that produce real results.
The Consulting Projects Manager (“CPM”) is an active member of Dini Spheris’ unique consulting team model and serves as the administrative and logistical hub of each client project. Dini Spheris’ professional consulting teams typically are comprised of a principal, several consultants and several CPMs. In this role the CPM is expected to coordinate and facilitate client project management as well as supporting internal firm projects. CPMs must possess the skills and characteristics necessary to coordinate multiple projects, proactively manage deadlines, thrive in a team environment and consistently deliver quality service and work products to clients. Among the key characteristics that are desired in every CPM are the prudent judgment, the ability to anticipate obstacles and opportunities in project management, a balance of hospitality and a team spirit with a demonstrated ownership and pride in his/her client service, work and role in the firm. Each CPM is assigned to a primary team and reports directly to the Principal who is responsible for their specific team.
- Coordinating project schedules and assignments for clients and client committees;
- Coordinating activities between clients and Dini team members;
- Participating in client strategizing sessions and meetings with team members, client staff, and volunteers;
- Assisting with the coordination and development of special research, marketing and communications projects;
- Writing and editing a variety of materials, including grant proposals, reports and meeting materials;
- Coordinating the development of campaign collateral materials;
- Conducting prospect research, tracking detailed moves management processes and maintaining action items for multiple team members and clients;
- Providing logistical and tactical support for consulting teams as needed; and
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum two and up to five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising;
- Sound judgment and the ability to thoughtfully customize work and approaches to fit distinct client settings and projects;
- The ability to multi-task, take initiative, and to simultaneously coordinate multiple projects and manage deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail in written and financial documents;
- A confident, team-oriented, and mature approach to work;
- A willingness to develop a personal commitment to the desired culture, values and strategic direction of Dini Spheris;
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office or similar software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Working knowledge of Internet navigation and research;
- Knowledge of or readiness to learn wealth screening, survey and other analytic software and tools used by those serving as Consulting Projects Managers; and
- A B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to:
Consulting Projects Manager Search
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1650
Houston, TX 77019
To download or print a copy of this job description click here.