Company: Child Advocates of Fort Bend
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: January 18, 2019
About Child Advocates of Fort Bend
Child Advocates of Fort Bend (CAFB) is a nonprofit agency whose mission is to provide a voice, heal the hurt and break the cycle of abuse and neglect for all children in Fort Bend County. Celebrating its 27th anniversary, they have served over 15,000 children since opening and every year that number grows.
Child Advocates of Fort Bend (CAFB) provides direct services to children and also collaborate with 40 partner agencies in a team approach. This Multi-Disciplinary Team model is considered the “best practice” in the field of investigation, advocacy and treatment of child abuse and neglect.
The Development Analyst reports directly to the CEO with a dotted line to Development and Accounting/Finance. This position is directly responsible for supporting the donor database, Raiser’s Edge, donor analytics, queries and reports, gift processing, donor stewardship and administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with the CEO, the development team, and the accounting/finance team regularly regarding Raiser’s Edge management, gift processing and stewardship activities
- Processes gifts and pledges in Raiser’s Edge
- Manages data and reports from Raiser’s Edge to assist in the formulation of prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities for the full development team, including supporting the management of team portfolios
- Ensures the data integrity in Raiser’s Edge. Creates a maintenance schedule to update electronic constituent records
- Manages the data and reporting to implement a comprehensive stewardship plan that encompasses events, systems and activities (e.g., newsletters, donor acknowledgement letters, special events). Ensures all donor recognition takes place in a timely manner
- Primary responsibility for annual and cumulative giving and recognition (Donor Walls, Naming, Annual Reports, Donors, etc.)
- Supports the Development Team with an effective, ongoing practice of gratitude and communication that builds relationships with donors and strengthens ties to CAFB
- Assists with grant reporting input to grant applications regarding donor gifts
- Coordinates mailings for special events and other development activities
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, data management, development and marketing preferred
- Two years of development experience with a concentration in gift processing and stewardship preferred
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks (preferable)
- Organized, energetic, flexible, deadline and detail-oriented, and strategic approach to problem solving
- Initiates and has the ability to work independently
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.