Company: Agape Development
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: February 26, 2019
About Agape Development
Agape Development is transforming our neighborhood by preparing Christ-following, independent, community leaders. Founded in 2005, the ministry has grown to serve the OST/South Union community just south of Third Ward through children, youth and adult programs. Additionally, Agape is growing our social enterprises and in the mist of raising $7.5 million to expand our community space and affordable housing. We are guided by listening to the neighbors, following Jesus, empowering rather creating dependency and creating opportunity regardless of circumstances.
The Development Director will be responsible for overseeing all of the fundraising and communications efforts of Agape Development. Working as the chief fundraising officer at Agape Development, The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. Manage all fundraising efforts including, but not limited to individual donor development, event planning, grant review and donor cultivation/stewardship. While two staff will assist with certain aspects of fundraising, the Development Director will need to have the mindset of running a small staff shop.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and leads the Development Team. The Development Director interfaces externally with individuals, churches, foundations, corporations and volunteers. The starting salary is commensurate with experience and a healthcare plan is provided.
- PLANNING – Work with the Fundraising Committee of the Board and Executive Director to create and implement a development plan with full participation of staff, board and volunteers.
- Engage all board members in reaching their networks
- Equip the Executive Director with materials and organization to increase fundraising production
- Create a yearly development plan with the development team
- DONOR ENGAGEMENT – Responsible for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Individual donor development process including monthly, annual and major donors
- Organizational development process including church partnerships, corporate and foundation relationships and especially the grant writing associated with those entities
- EVENTS – Oversee events management from start to finish, including our fall and spring events.
- Includes a seated breakfast in the fall and in-home fundraising event in the spring
- Future events will need to be developed to continue the goal to increase our annual fundraising
- CAPITAL CAMPAIGN – Execute the overall communication with foundations and campaign committee members.
- Follow-up on grant reports and meet deadlines
- Plan ribbon cutting and groundbreaking ceremony for donors and participants of Agape Development
- SUPERVISION – Supervise 2 staff who will have responsibilities pertaining to donor development.
- Gift Processing
- Social Media and Web presence
- Print and electronic newsletters
- Volunteer Management
- Event Implementation
Professional experience leading fundraising efforts of an organization, especially special event and donor development. Must be comfortable with public speaking. Must be able to manage the project deadlines of an annual fund development plan and incorporate volunteers as part of the mix.
- Bachelors required
- Further training in fundraising is a requirement
- PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Special Event Management
- Must relate well to people of diverse backgrounds
- Possess strong organizational skills
- A self-starter, looking for ways to improve our fundraising
- Willingness and eagerness to learn
- Comfortable learning new technological systems
- Humility, the ability to admit and grow from mistakes
Please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a rolling application process, but interviewing begins immediately.