Director of Development
Company: Greens Bayou Coalition
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: May 1, 2019
About Greens Bayou Coalition
Established as a nonprofit in 2007, the Greens Bayou Corridor Coalition benefits the economy and enhances the quality of life for the more than 500,000 residents in the Greens Bayou watershed. We do this through flood mitigation, development of parks and trails, preservation of green space and enhancing water quality. With a passionate Executive Director, an engaged board of directors and a freshly minted strategic plan, the Greens Bayou Coalition is poised for success in 2019 and well beyond.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for the design and implementation of the organization’s fundraising efforts. Fundraising strategies include corporate sponsorships, coalition memberships, foundation grants, individual donor cultivation and select events. This new role for the Coalition will be a valued part of the close-knit staff team, working collaboratively with staff and board alike to ensure each has the needed resources to contribute to fundraising success. The Director of Development will implement durable fundraising systems, research prospective funders, participate in social media initiatives and be the lead strategist driving prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship in partnership with the Executive Director and Board. The Director of Development will also serve as the staff liaison with the Board Development committee to ensure that the board has tools and training and is fully engaged in the efforts to raise needed funds.
Profile of the Ideal Candidate
- Self-motivated and achievement-oriented
- Intensely detailed-oriented
- Exceptional writing skills
- Curious and a quick learner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys being both a builder and an implementer
- A natural steward of relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications or related field
- Four+ years’ fundraising experience
- Experience in major gift fundraising, and ability to identify, solicit and close major gift desired
- Dynamic leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff and volunteers
- Familiarity with fundraising/development software programs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Kelly Snook at firstname.lastname@example.org.