Director of Gift Planning and Board Management
Company: University of St. Thomas
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: February 7, 2018
About The University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas (UST) is the Catholic university in Houston, Texas. UST welcomes undergraduate and graduate students of all races and religions. Located in a diverse and vibrant urban environment with professional opportunities, the campus is just minutes from downtown and the famed Texas Medical Center where many students perform prestigious internships.
UST is committed to the Catholic intellectual tradition and the dialogue between faith and reason. By pursuing excellence in teaching, scholarship and service, the core values of UST’s founders, the Basilian Fathers: goodness, discipline and knowledge are embodied and instilled in the students. UST fosters engagement in a diverse, collaborative community. As a comprehensive university grounded in the liberal arts, UST educates students to think critically, communicate effectively, succeed professionally and lead ethically.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA), the Director of Gift Planning and Board Management is responsible for the implementation of fundraising strategies through a comprehensive planned giving program and development of a consistent volunteer experience university-wide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The director will prepare a comprehensive plan for implementing and developing a successful planned giving unit within the Office of Institutional Advancement and assessing our donor base
- Responsibilities will include the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of planned giving prospects; the stewardship of planned giving prospects
- The development of marketing programs to attract benefactors;
- The management a relationship-strengthening program for benefactors who include the University in estate plans; and the training, guidance and coordination of staff and volunteers
- Additionally, the director will establish communications and strategy to ensure all volunteers receive a consistent experience in their support of the University of St. Thomas
Qualifications and Requirements
- The position requires: a Bachelors’ degree, Master’s preferred
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a field related to estate and/or gift planning
- Spanish fluency desirable
- Legal and/or financial training related to estate planning
- Excellent computer skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, year round, benefit-eligible position. To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter and salary requirements to the email below. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.
Human Resources – Ref: 1018
University of St. Thomas
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer