Company: El Campo Medical Foundation
Location: El Campo, TX
Posted: October 3, 2019
About El Campo Medical Foundation
El Campo Memorial Hospital has served generations of Wharton County residents over the last eighty years and provides exceptional, specialized care close to home. Now at the forefront of innovation for rural healthcare, the hospital has recently launched a partnership with Palacios Community Medical Center and is rapidly adding clinics and outpatient facilities throughout the region to expand access to care.
El Campo Medical Foundation is the key leader in this effort, driving support, community engagement and fundraising efforts and in late 2018, launched a once-in-a-generation philanthropic campaign to build a new hospital facility.
The Executive Director of the Foundation interacts with a wide variety of supporters, community members, hospital physicians and staff, administrators, patients, Board members and friends of El Campo Memorial Hospital to develop fundraising revenue, major gifts, planned giving, annual giving and community engagement activities. This position reports directly to the Foundation Board.
- Provides leadership for all fundraising campaigns, programs and activities
- Solicits contributions and other financial and in-kind support from businesses, foundations, organizations and individuals, including hospital staff, retirees and grateful patients
- Writes and prepares all grant proposals and solicitation and communication materials
- In coordination with the ECMF Leadership, identifies specific philanthropic needs and establishes annual Foundation fundraising and community engagement goals
- Manages progress and meets annually established fundraising goals
- Tracks and records all prospect activity for the Foundation
- Plans and executes all fundraising events (including small cultivation/stewardship events and the Foundation’s annual fundraiser)
- Takes action to ensure correct and proper use of donated funds and materials. Assists in developing plans to appropriately record, manage and spend contributions
- Be an energetic spokesperson and represent the Foundation by taking advantage of networking opportunities with personal, professional and organizational affiliations, and in attending functions and events to engage prospective business, foundation and individual contributors
- Initiates and manages a program of effective engagement, including regular contact with donors and community members in order to promote new initiatives and retain and maximize giving to the Foundation
- In collaboration with the Foundation Board Treasurer, manages the Foundation’s stewardship process including preparing and sending than you notes and pledge reminders and managing donor recognition opportunities
- Oversees financial management of the Foundation to ensure ongoing health and stability
- Provides timely updates to the Foundation Board
- Ensure compliance with all grants, restricted and unrestricted, as well as all other grant requirements and standards
- Proactively and systematically identifies and cultivates new prospects
- Actively participates in the process of identifying and soliciting individuals for Foundation Board membership and other partnership opportunities that may be beneficial to the Foundation
- Prepares an annual budget detailing annual financial growth objectives and estimated expenditures for development activities
- Offer guidance related to planned gifts
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board
Preferred Minimum qualifications for this position include a bachelor’s degree and three years of management or account management experience in development or similar managerial responsibilities in the field of sales, marketing or public relations, preferably in healthcare.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-driven and team player, able to build collaborations and trusting relationships with many stakeholders
- Working knowledge of fundraising and grant-writing
- Knowledge of the El Campo community and Wharton County
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, while at the same time implementing day-to-day programs and activities
- Comfortable utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim Cooper, President, El Campo Medical Foundation at email@example.com. References required upon request.