Vice President of Donor Relations
Company: Star of Hope Mission
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: March 1, 2017
Vice President of Donor Relations
The Star of Hope is a Christ-centered community who are dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women, and their children. Star of Hope serves over 1,200 homeless men, women and their children every single day. Clients’ physical needs are met through warm meals, clean clothes and a safe place to rest.
Star of Hope cares for clients’ emotional and spiritual well-being through counseling, substance abuse recovery and biblical guidance.
Star of Hope is seeking a Vice President of Donor Relations. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Donor Relations will have deep experience in Houston’s philanthropic market, minimum ten years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising to include experience in securing major gifts of $250,000+, and leading a development team with preference to a nonprofit Christian ministry background.
The Vice President of Donor Relations is responsible for the strategic execution and management of strategies to develop Star of Hope’s Individual Major Gift, Corporate, Planned Giving Program, and Foundations and Grants through established donor relationships. Responsibilities also include maintaining personal major donor relationships and initiating strategies to increase Star of Hope’s gift contributions through assigned relationships with the entities listed above.
The ideal candidate must:
- Supervise the program and develop strategies to meet annual goals for individual major donors, corporations, planned giving and foundations and grants.
- Maintain current relationships with assigned donors and identify opportunities to develop new donor relationships within each area of fundraising responsibility.
- Review strategies to strengthen Star of Hope’s donor relations during regularly scheduled meetings to include Executive Leadership and Major Donor Officers. Also hold regular one on one and team meetings with direct reports to strategize and track goal achievement.
- Is a member of the Executive Management Team and is responsible for both strategic leadership and operational management roles. Ensures that the Christ-centered Mission Statement and Core Values of excellence, integrity, and life change are communicated and implemented throughout Donor Relations.
- Participation in planning and coordination of events involving Major Donors and Legacy of Hope Society members, as well as ongoing development of cultivation opportunities with new affinity groups.
- Prepare pertinent communications for outside constituents and prospects as needed.
- Provide tours for major donors and planned giving donors/prospects and public speaking where required.
- Develop overall annual team action plans, performance reviews, and budget with staff.
- Effective use and supervision of computer database and record keeping for the team.
- Contribute to weekly Development and bi-weekly Communications Staff Meetings.
- Works closely with Director of Annual Giving to develop a system of Major Donor and Prospect Management using Raiser’s Edge:
- Create system of move management within the RE Database
- Identify potential new or major donors
- Qualify potential new or major donors
- Cultivate and Solicit (Major Gift Officers)
- Stewardship (Major Gift Officers)
- Reporting in RE
- Researcher’s Edge
Other Job Responsibilities
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with ten years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising to include experience in securing major gifts of $250,000+, and leading a development team with preference to a nonprofit Christian ministry background.
- Ability to learn Raiser’s Edge Donor Software package. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Social skills necessary to entertain or visit major donors in a wide variety of settings. Must be effective in presentation. Valid Texas Driver’s License, with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
- Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.
- Equipment Used: General Office Supplies (Calculator, Telephone, Stapler, etc.), Computer Equipment (Monitor, Keyboard, etc.), Copier/Fax/Printer, and Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Raiser’s Edge.
- Work Environment: Normal business hours, office environment, occasional weekend or evening events. Frequent visits to donor sites. Occasional visits to program sites. Work schedule may be subject to change to meet the business needs of the mission. Professional dress. Jeans with no holes/fraying may only be worn on Fridays and only as long as a Star of Hope shirt (T-shirt, polo-style or sweat shirt) is worn.
- Relations with Others: Frequent contact with direct reports, immediate manager, managers in other departments, Board of Trustees and donors. Occasional contact with peers in other departments, clients and volunteers. Constant face to face discussion with individuals, frequent electronic mail, public speaking, telephone conversation, and occasional written letters and memos.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to sit for long periods, climb stairs and occasionally stand, walk and bend. Clear speech, hearing and vision required.
- Other: Able to support through word and action the Star of Hope “Christ-centered” Mission statement and the mission’s core values of integrity, excellence and commitment to life change.
About Star of Hope
Star of Hope is a Christ-centered community dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women and their children. Positive life-changes are encouraged through structured programs which focus on spiritual growth, education, employment, life-management and recovery from substance abuse.
Programs and Services Offered at Star of Hope:
On any given day, there are approximately 1,000 homeless men, women and children being helped at the Men’s Development Center, the Women and Family Emergency Shelter, the Transitional Living Center for Women & Families and Extended Services. The key to the success of Star of Hope Mission is its comprehensive approach to addressing the diverse issues, both immediate and long term, that impact homeless individuals and families. This model of compassionate, purposeful outreach, coupled with community partners and donors, creates an environment in which lives are transformed and people are inspired to rise above poverty, set meaningful, measurable goals for independence and achieve them.
Services at a Glance:
- Career Development Curriculum
- Personal Development Curriculum
- Spiritual Life Program
- Workforce Development
- Computer Learning Centers
- Emergency Walk-in Center
- Health Clinics
- New Hope Substance Abuse Recovery
- On-Site Day Care
- Parenting Classes
- Partnerships with Other Agencies
- New Journey Classes (Transition-Age Youth Initiative)
- Preventative Services
For additional details on this position including the ability to apply online, please click here.