(Deacon) Larry A. Vaclavik
Managing Principal, Houston
If you asked Larry what he learned after helping institutions to raise more than $500 million over the course of his Dini Spheris career, he would say, “Every campaign is a journey. For some, it is a faith journey. For others, it is a quest. For all, it is life-changing.” Larry believes that every dimension of counseling, from strategic planning to capital and endowment fundraising, is about transformation, about bursting through the status quo. He sees his work as one of continuous improvement in the world because of the change he can help effect in the clients he serves.
A strategic thinker, out-of-the-box planner, wordsmith and seasoned fundraising professional, Larry is the kind of consultant you want if you want a mentor who loves bold dreams and new challenges. Larry’s professional career spans more than three decades, beginning with stints at The Catholic University of America, University of St. Thomas and University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. For the last 24 years, he has been leading consulting projects, helping organizations with everything from their major capital and endowment campaigns to strategic plans and leadership coaching.
An ordained minister in the Catholic Church, Larry understands service and servant-leadership. His personal faith grounds his work whether he is involved in a faith-based, interfaith or secular context. In every setting, he knows the value of our work is measured in the wisdom shared, the goals realized and the lives transformed. These are the reasons Larry is ready for every day and every challenge he faces as a Dini Spheris principal.
Representative Clients Served
- Academy of the Sacred Heart
- Boy Scouts of America, Dan Beard Council
- Boy Scouts of America, Sam Houston Area Council
- Christian Community Service Center
- Convent of the Sacred Heart
- Religious of the Sacred Heart, US Province
- St. Louis University High School
- Star of Hope Mission
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- Temple Emanu-El Congregation
- The Marianists Province of the United States
Reports & Insights
- Thoughts on the Economy and Philanthropy in Early 2016
- Every Campaign Needs an Owner
- Every Call and Every Visit is a Learning Experience
- Feasibility and Campaign Planning Studies Still have their Place
- Sometimes the Smartest Answer is to Ask!
- Some Thoughts on Oil Prices, Consumer Confidence and Fundraising
- Maps Still Matter
- Birth and Campaign Announcements
- Confidence: A Leading Cause of Giving
- Competition vs. Abundance