Two words come to mind to describe Michelle’s counseling style – determination and results! Well actually, three words – the third is fun! While taking the work of fundraising seriously, Michelle doesn’t make the work of planning, campaigning and mentoring anything but an enjoyable experience. When in a tough spot, Michelle will settle for nothing short of success and the celebration that follows achieving a goal. Her goal is to make others better – to strengthen the skills and results of those with whom she works.
Building strong, trusted relationships was one of the secrets to Michelle’s success as a development professional and major gift officer. Michelle began her fundraising career at the Wesley Community Center, eventually serving at the University of Houston’s main campus. Before joining Dini Spheris, Michelle was a leader among the major gift solicitors at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. There, Michelle managed an annual portfolio of over 150 individuals – many of whom she would come to regard as personal friends.
At Dini Spheris, Michelle has served as team leader on numerous projects. Those projects include building a centralized philanthropy program for St. Louis’ Mercy Health system, which spans four states and 32 hospitals, as well as working with Medical Center Hospital in Odessa, Texas, to create the first-ever major gift foundation. A graduate of Texas Tech University, Michelle is often seen speaking at major professional conferences in nonprofit, educational and healthcare philanthropy.
Representative Clients Served
- Academy of the Sacred Heart
- American Cancer Society
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas
- Galveston Historical Foundation
- Lone Star College Foundation
- Lutheran South Academy
- Matagorda Regional Medical Center
- Medical Center Hospital
- Mercy Health - Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City
- Milne Developmental Services
- Odessa College Foundation
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Sam Houston State University
- Stephen F. Austin State University
- Suffolk Community College Foundation, Inc.
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
Reports & Insights
- Holly Lang Senior Consultant
- Cynthia Colbert Riley Senior Consultant
- Mary Claire Walther Consulting Projects Manager
- Astrid Salarda Consulting Projects Manager