Associate Director of Development
Location: Houston, TX
Posted: April 6, 2021
The mission of SIRE is to improve the quality of life for people with special needs through therapeutic horsemanship activities and therapies and educational outreach.
SIRE was founded in the Houston area in 1983. A generous donation in 1995 gave SIRE a permanent home in Hockley, paving the way for the rapid growth of services. In 2000, SIRE merged with another center near George Bush Intercontinental Airport, bringing services to Spring, The Woodlands and northeast Harris County. Our southwest location started in 2006 and moved to the Richmond State Supported Living Center in 2012. SIRE has grown from serving a few riders each week with borrowed facilities and horses to providing over 10,000 instructional hours per year through riding and training programs; which has increased more than of 52 percent since 2012.
The Associate Director of Development in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Director of Development and Marketing Communications and the CEO of SIRE, will be responsible for researching new funding opportunities, cultivating relationships and soliciting support from foundations, corporations, government entities, local organizations and individuals to satisfy the financial needs of the organization.
- Manage a major gifts prospect portfolio of up to 150 individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and community relations.
- Maintain contact with and writes/develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Assist in developing fundraising training for Board Members and other leadership volunteers, as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for all prospect activity reports to the CEO to report to the Board of Directors. Attend Board meetings as necessary.
- Utilize the current donor database to run reports, enter data from donor activity and update as needed.
- Coordinate development research activities.
- Acknowledge/steward all gifts from donors and maintain strategic contact with them.
- Ensure all donors are kept up to date with SIRE activities and events.
- A minimum of two years of professional fundraising experience.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred. Association with a fundraising organization preferred.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Beth Burroway at email@example.com.