Chief Development Officer
Company: Ascension / Seton
Location: Austin, TX
Posted: July 3, 2018
About Ascension / Seton
As part of Ascension’s Texas Ministry Market, Seton brings great minds and proven results from across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections within the community, Seton reaches out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, Seton’s future looks brighter than ever.
Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. Founded in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin — expanding thoughtfully and with purpose. Serving an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people, there are five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured and an increasing number of storefront care locations. As a non-profit with a mission — rather than a bottom line — improving health at a community level is the number one priority.
The Chief Development Officer directs the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for fundraising activities related to all Seton foundations.
- Supports the organization’s vision and priority goals, including driving the creation of strategies to increase the foundations’ fundraising revenue;
- Ensures that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans;
- Participate in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning for the organization;
- Plans, coordinates, implements and manages fundraising campaigns across hospital system;
- Oversees the development and implementation of an annual strategic plan and budget for foundations;
- Establishes and maintains a system, process and operation to identify and cultivate major gift prospects and the stewardship of these relationships including qualification processes, research methodologies, a move management system and appropriate assignment of prospect lists to development officers and relationship teams;
- Creates innovative cultivation and stewardship strategies and processes to systematically engage and build relationships with donors, new prospects and sources of support;
- Recognizes and tracks performance measurements consistent with industry benchmarks;
- Identifies new revenue opportunities for the organization and appropriately creates plans and strategies to incorporate them into the organization’s fundraising activities. Maintains compliance standards for donors and funding sources;
- Collaborates with executive management on identification of fundraising goals;
- Develops and implements plans for capital and major fundraising initiatives;
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding;
- Carries a portfolio of major gift prospects;
- Manages foundation personnel engaged in major gifts and annual giving;
- Maintains a collaborative working relationship with hospital administrators and ministry leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or combination of high school degree and related experience required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Three years required technical experience. Five years preferred technical experience.
- One year preferred leadership / management experience.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application found here.