Company: KIPP Texas Public Schools
Location: Dallas, TX
Posted: August 30, 2018
About KIPP Texas Public Schools
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips and more. As we look to the next academic year, all KIPP schools in Texas are seeking to officially join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools.
The Development Director will ensure KIPP Texas’s fiscal health through developing and implementing an innovative fundraising plan. Specifically, the Development Director will manage all fundraising initiatives in the Dallas region, including the annual fund and growth campaigns. In doing so, they are responsible for creating and implementing short and long-term action plans to solicit major gifts and corporate giving. As leader of the Dallas development team, they will oversee significant donor relationships; identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts; and fundraising events. Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Development, the Development Director will work closely with the Regional Superintendent, the Regional Board of Directors and the Chief Growth Officer.
- Develop a diversified funding base to sustain KIPP Texas ongoing financial needs and cultivate critical relationships with Dallas donors
- Devise and implement a comprehensive, innovative fundraising plan that includes research, identification, solicitation, and cultivation for short and long term fundraising campaigns
- Serve as representative of KIPP Texas to external Dallas funding community
- Cultivate existing and develop new funder relationships
- Execute vision and oversee local fundraising events
- Promote KIPP Texas through in-person, phone, and email conversations and seek out potential corporate and financial donors
- Maintain relationships with current KIPP donors by keeping them informed about KIPP Texas and the Dallas region and by being accessible to answer questions that donors may have
- Meet regularly with regional and campus academic leaders to stay informed about the financial needs of each KIPP school to guide the direction of fundraising
- Work closely with KIPP Texas Grants Team and Finance Team to complete reporting and compliance requirements as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Deputy Chief of Development
Coach and Manage Regional Development Team
- Oversee goal-setting, performance management and professional development of Development Manager
- Progress-monitor performance relative to goals
- Delegate and review work projects as needed
Manage Relations and Giving of Regional Board of Directors
- Work with Deputy Chief of Development and Regional Board of Directors to develop strategies to initiate and meet fundraising goals
- Prepare all development reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Five+ years of experience in fundraising, volunteer management and nonprofit event coordination, including significant success with major gifts, corporations, foundations and government sources
- Proven track record of meeting annual fundraising goals
- Knowledge of the local philanthropic community
- Strong record of engaging board members, and direct solicitation of major donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Experience working with non-profit or education organizations in a fiscal capacity
- Comprehensive experience tracking development in relation to income projections and departmental budgets
- Comprehensive experience in collaborating with a finance team to ensure long-term sustainability
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to act in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills
- Personnel management experience
- Evening and weekend hours required at certain times of the year
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MailChimp, Raiser’s Edge and social media
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Texas Public School’s mission
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to Apply:
Please email your résumé and salary requirements to KIPPTexasSearch@dinispheris.com.
No phone calls please.