Company: KIPP Texas Public Schools
Location: Dallas, TX
Posted: August 31, 2018
About KIPP Texas Public Schools
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips and more. As we look to the next academic year, all KIPP schools in Texas are seeking to officially join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools.
The Development Manager – DFW will work with the Managing Director of Development to ensure KIPP Texas’s fiscal health through developing and implementing an innovative fundraising plan. Specifically, the Development Manager will be responsible for individual, foundation and corporate fundraising under the direction of the Managing Director of Development. The Development Manager will engage in continuous donor stewardship and cultivation; conduct research and data analysis; lead tours; execution of local events; and other duties as assigned. The Development Manager will also participate in fundraising and donor cultivation events. The position location requirement is Dallas.
- Manage a portfolio of individuals, foundations and corporate donors and prospects
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and prospects
- Schedule and attend meetings and conduct tours
- Collect data as needed for reports to funders
- Work closely with KIPP Texas Public Schools Grants and Finance teams to track and ensure that funds are being fully spent in an appropriate and timely manner
- Coordinate with Director of Development to create a stewardship plan to meet and exceed individual and major giving goals involving donor visitation, events, tours, direct mail, phone, email and internet
- Develop and implement major gifts solicitation, donor retention and donor growth strategies
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage Deputy Chief of Development and Regional Board of Directors as appropriate
- Communicate with donors on consistent basis and maintain pipeline
- Maintain consistent quality communication with donors and devise cultivation strategies with prospects
- Author annual appeal and stewardship letters to be sent to prospective and current donors and coordinate with a mail house for distribution
- Identify opportunities for donors to get involved or learn more about KIPP through other means (e.g., tour, Annual Dinner, volunteering, etc.) and coordinate execution
- Identify priority individuals for invitation to the Annual Dinner
- Manage Development events and efforts
- Support local events by coordinating with the Events team
- Gather materials in preparation for KIPP campus tours and provide tour support as needed
- Represent KIPP positively in public at all times by acting as a professional representative and ambassador
- Support KIPP’s mission and goals across all programs and departments
- Participate actively in meetings when requested
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years successful experience in professional fundraising within a non-profit environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and particularly Excel)
- Highly organized; manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated and self-directed learner with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Texas Public School’s mission
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising databases
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is necessary
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills necessary
- Proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines and fax machines
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
How to Apply:
Please email your résumé and salary requirements to KIPPTexasSearch@dinispheris.com.
No phone calls please.