Posted: November 1, 2018
Dini Spheris is a leading national fundraising consulting firm specializing in capital and endowment campaigns and major gift programs. More than fundraising consultants, we consider ourselves partners with our clients, in their missions and for their success. With nearly 50 years of experience, Dini Spheris has served thousands of nonprofits nationally, resulting in billions of dollars in philanthropic support. Dini Spheris brings to each client, every day, the brightest talents and experience that produce real results.
Dini Spheris is seeking an energetic, mature and experienced individual to serve as the Executive Assistant to the Managing Principal of the firm. The Executive Assistant will assist with a variety of administrative responsibilities related to corporate governance and management, sales and marketing and client services. Based in Houston, the small but growing firm is in need of an Executive Assistant who will free the time of the Managing Principal relative to the variety of tasks that must be addressed every day. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated, self-starter who is capable of balancing a number of responsibilities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced consulting firm. In addition, the Executive Assistant must be capable of reinforcing the positive corporate culture and upholding the discretion that is sometimes required in this role. The Executive Assistant will be expected to work and interact with board members, principals, administrative team members and all members of the firm as needed.
- Coordinating executive communications, including taking calls, responding to new business inquiries, responding to emails and interfacing with clients;
- Preparing internal and external documents including correspondence, reports, agendas, etc.;
- Maintaining the Managing Principal’s calendar of meetings, appointments and conference calls;
- Managing travel arrangements and handling expense reporting for the Managing Principal;
- Welcoming guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries;
- Preparing and distributing records of meetings, minutes or follow-up reports;
- Arranging and managing the logistics related to corporate meetings and events;
- Coordinating and assisting with the firm’s marketing plan and materials;
- Providing support and/or Consulting Project Manager support to clients;
- Championing a positive culture of professionalism, respect and hospitality across the firm; and
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum of five up to seven years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or working in a corporate or nonprofit position that required similar skills and experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proofreading skills with a firm grasp of grammar and exceptional attention to detail;
- A friendly professional demeanor and comfort with telephone calls;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and capacity to work as a member of a team;
- The ability to adjust to shifting priorities and flexible responsibilities;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- The capacity to uphold strict confidentiality both within and outside the firm;
- Advanced Microsoft Office and research skills with an ability to learn new software platforms;
- A sense of humor, self-confidence, a positive outlook and good judgment; and
- The minimum of a bachelors or equivalent degree.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references in WORD format to:
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1650
Houston, TX 77019
To download or print a copy of this job description click here.