Vice President of Philanthropy
Location: Dallas, TX
Posted: July 18, 2018
LiftFund is a high impact non-profit whose mission is to provide credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources and to provide leadership and innovation to the micro-lending industry.
Dedicated to our Customers – Lead with Integrity – Strive to be Better
The Vice President of Philanthropy is responsible for the identification, cultivation, successful solicitation and negotiation of gifts within his/her region of LiftFund. The Vice President of Philanthropy manages a portfolio of individual major gift donors and prospects. This individual provides collaborative leadership in strategizing and facilitating opportunities among other staff and board members. Additionally, the Vice President of Philanthropy will work with the President & CEO, Chief Advancement Officer, Regional Market Presidents and staff to strengthen relationships with banking and finance partners. Success will be measured via individual and team increases in the size, diversity and frequency of gifts and the design, maintenance and expansion of a robust prospect pipeline with capacity for continuous contacts/conversations with prospects and donors.
The Vice President of Philanthropy reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and is responsive to the Advancement Team Members, Board Members, Donors and Staff.
- Creates strategies and work plans to build, expand and maintain a robust pipeline of potential individual donors toward increasing annual unrestricted and restricted revenue within a specific geographic region.
- Creates and leads strategies to increase the visibility of LiftFund in a specific geographic region.
- Manages a portfolio of individual prospects and donors, achieving a pre-determined target of face-to-face cultivation, and solicitation visits per year and fulfills a solicitation (ask) goal as outlined in each fiscal year operating plan for individual and planned giving program.
- Manages portfolio within Bloomerang fundraising database.
- Participates in team and strategy meetings with advancement team members and other staff.
- In partnership with the Chief Advancement Officer and other team members, works to establish short- and long-term philanthropic objectives for LiftFund, specifically the Dream Makers Fund and other programs of the organization.
- Works directly with the President & CEO and the Chief Advancement Officer in support of volunteer leadership and their role in securing funds and advancing LiftFund’s philanthropic program.
- Provides leadership, support and direction to the region’s advisory board.
- Plans and leads stewardship and engagement events to raise awareness of LiftFund and funds for LiftFund.
- In partnership with Regional Market President, works toward maximizing cross-organizational collaboration and coordination with banking partners.
- Works with the Vice President of Grants to strengthen relationships with corporate and foundation partners across the region.
- Works with the Donor and Systems Analyst in the areas of prospect research, identification, donor management and donor recognition.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of LiftFund’s programs and services in order to represent the organization in a compelling manner.
- Proven track record of fundraising and advancement within the designated community.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, donor stewardship, and major gift strategies, experience with planned giving a plus.
- A four-year college degree.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an annual fundraising program.
- Proven success in meeting fundraising goals.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Extensive knowledge of relationship management and donor engagement strategies.
- Personality and disposition that are characterized by collaboration, collegiality, deliberation, openness and a strong sense of humor.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes for Role
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following:
- Mission and Values Oriented – Committed to LiftFund’s mission and values and demonstrates that commitment in every day work.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail & Adaptability – Self-motivated and manages competing demands; Strives to meet a standard of excellence; Able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events; Asks for and offers help when needed; Ability to work in a complex organization, work with all team members, flexibility and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas.
- Achievement – Having the sustained energy and determination in the face of obstacles to set and meet challenging targets and deliver the required agency results.
- Verbal & Written Communication; Interpersonal Skills – Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to colleague’s and donor’s needs; knowledge of and demonstrated experience in delivering world-class customer service.
How to Apply
LiftFund is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and a benefits package having paid vacation and sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance and 401(k) retirement benefits. We encourage expressions of interest as early as possible to accommodate LiftFund’s need to fill this important position. For consideration, qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to LiftFund@dinispheris.com.
Background checks are conducted of top candidates.